Salt Lake City is truly a “city for everyone” tied together by the expression of our arts and cultural communities. These experiences can have a transforming effect on people, contribute to our quality of life, encourage economic growth, and create deeper levels of understanding in our society.
One of the major initiatives set forth by Mayor Biskupski is to support opportunities for the vibrant expression of arts and culture in our City. This means grant funding for the arts, to better serve and support our artists and creatives.
The Salt Lake City Arts Council is pleased to announce that the guidelines and deadlines for the 2018-2019 City Arts Grants program are now available online.
The 2018-2019 grant opportunities include the following:
- Artists-in-the-Classroom grants provide funding for elementary schools in the Salt Lake City School District to support the placement of professional artists in the classroom. Application is available now. The deadline to submit an application is Monday, March 19, 2018, 5:00 p.m.
- Arts Learning grants support arts learning activities that reach youth of all means, backgrounds, and abilities in Salt Lake City. The funding for this category is intended to recognize the value of providing access and exposure to a wide variety of quality arts experiences and art forms for Salt Lake City’s youth. Application will be available Tuesday, February 20, 2018. The deadline to submit an application is Monday, April 23, 2018, 5:00 p.m.
- General Support grants assist arts organizations with general operating expenses. Organizations must demonstrate high quality arts programming, be located in Salt Lake City, and operate with paid administrative staff. Application will be available Monday, March 26, 2018. The deadline to submit an application is Monday, June 4, 2018, 5:00 p.m.
- Project Support grants are awarded to individual artists and nonprofit organizations for specific arts projects occurring in Salt Lake City. Exhibits, concerts, performances, festivals, workshops, and readings are examples of projects eligible for funding through this category. Application will be available Monday, March 26, 2018. The deadline to submit an application is Monday, June 11, 2018, 5:00 p.m.
- Mini Grants provide an opportunity for limited funding requests from nonprofit organizations for projects that may arise after the grant deadlines. Grant awards in this category will be $500.
Deadlines, guidelines, and the application will be posted online on April 30, 2018.