Formed in 2016, under the leadership of Mayor Jackie Biskupski, Salt Lake City’s Department of Economic Development is focused on building Salt Lake City as a vibrant, beautiful, prosperous, diverse, and authentic place – a place that is economically accessible to everyone. The vitality and growth of our businesses is a fundamental element of our overall efforts to sustain and grow our community.
To support that growth, we set out to create more one-on-one opportunities to connect with business owners. We do it through our on-site visit program, an effort that has generated over 650 Salt Lake City business visits, to date!
The visit is designed to introduce your business to one point of contact for anything City related. Our goal is to learn more about you, develop a working relationship, and assist in connecting existing businesses with the right information, resources and programs in ways that will improve the business climate.
Here’s how you can benefit from a visit from our team:
- Learn about other options available in SLC for loan assistance
- Identify business concerns and facilitate dialogue with the appropriate entities to address the issues
- Learn how to plan ahead for an expansion or a new location
- Have a discussion about your current workforce training issues, and learn more about current state and local incentive programs
- Talk about neighborhood revitalization programs and opportunities
- Identify and analyze trends, challenges and opportunities facing your business
- Connect you with our Business Development Resource Finder, a free personalized, comprehensive guide designed to mobilize the resources, programs, and services available for your business
- Establish and maintain a more consistent and reliable channel of communication Salt Lake City’s Department of Economic Development and other community partners
In short, our goal is to be a key partner with you as your company continues to thrive and grow in Salt Lake City.
It’s a #TeamUtah approach. We work closely on an on-going basis with a broad array of community partners, including all Salt Lake City departments (Economic Development Loan Fund, Redevelopment Agency of Salt Lake City (RDA), Community and Neighborhoods, Building Permits, Business Licensing, and more), EDC Utah, World Trade Center Utah, Salt Lake Chamber of Commerce, Utah Governor’s of Economic Development, Salt Lake Community College, Living Color Utah, Local First Utah, Salt Lake Restaurant Association, Utah Independent Business Coalition, Downtown Alliance, minority chambers, and many more!
We are working hard to contact our businesses on an annual basis. However, if you haven’t heard from us and would like to schedule an on-site visit from the SLC DED staff, our office at (801) 535-7200. We look forward to meeting with you!